Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Windy 10

I worked from home today which meant that I got to run outside (and have pho for lunch).

It was very windy today. The kind of gusts that make your hair bitch-slap you in the face, if you had long enough hair.

I ran up, and walked back down, the block that our house is on. It's about a 10th of a mile long with a gradual but definite slope up. The wind blew at me sideways, hard, so I had to fight it going up and got no benefit coming down.

I did the run up 10 times and am proud that I powered up the last one. The wind was so strong at times that I didn't feel like I was moving at times.

Today's workout falls into the what-doesn't-kill-you-helps-you category because it was not fun. Not even with "Fresh Air" for company.

Hm. Maybe that's why...

No comments: