Thursday, April 17, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 192, 238, ...

The sunny, bright day had given way to misty fog when I went out for a run + stairs workout.

The plan: run 3 miles to the stadium and complete a full round of stadium stairs then MUNI back home to a takeout dinner that Lee was going to order for me.

The reality: ran 1 mile to the stairs on 16th, completed 700 steps up (and more harrowing down...I dislike going down much more than going up) and ran the 1 mile back.

It wasn't the easiest workout but I didn't feel like I was going to kneel over in agony. A tight back and very heavy calf; if those pains are all I'm going to feel on Saturday then my body is a rock star!

After today's workout, I'm not worried about next week's stair climb. Just have to be careful not to overwork the back.

Still have not sunk my teeth into a lemon square and I'm having a wicked craving for sugar + butter + eggs right now. Will some kind soul out there deliver a dessert item of some sort?

No comments: