Monday, April 7, 2008

Bean bag

It has been one heck of a week. I succumbed to a hacking cough, dangerous amounts of mucus that almost drowned me and all-around achiness this last week. I got this second cold from Lee just as I was free of the first one.

After a week of giving over my body to the cold demons, I am finally feeling better. I don't think the copious amounts of drugs I inhaled helped me get better but it was fun to be just out of it for a few days.

Today, I was able to put in a short 1.5 miler. I jogged really slowly, up and down the hills of the Inner Sunset. I jogged slow enough to have walkers pass me and enjoyed the fact that I wasn't clogged up or achy or coughing violently.

Am looking forward to getting back to the workout regiment again. My body feels/looks like a beaten up bean bag.

OH, one really good thing that happened last week: I won a lottery spot to this year's Nike Half Marathon race! I will be running it on my 36th birthday!

No comments: