Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sweaty and happy

Great treadmill workout today. I took my time warming up and it did wonders for the 2 mile run. I had a slight achiness in the calf but otherwise, everything felt great!

My strides landed softly, my feet felt stabilized, my breathing was consistent, my cadence was high, my heart was thumping.

I felt I could run forever, at least 13 miles. I didn't want to stop but alas, had a bus to catch and a training plan to adhere to.

I love it when I feel the sweat rolling down my back, feel my body and mind work harmoniously and know I just worked off that mongo slice of ice cream birthday cake.

1 comment:

Melissa C said...

I know you sent out a message about L's writing (which is quite terrific), but went straight for your blog URL. As a fellow rat, I am pleased to see that this is our year for running. There is nothing better than being Sweaty and Happy. OK. I take that back. The post-shower and meal after being Sweaty and Happy is the even better. Keep up the running! :-)