Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One second

How can each second drag on for so long?

That was what I was thinking as I ran my second mile at a 12 minute / mile pace. I would stare at the digital number on the panel and then stare some more and then some more and then finally, the second passes.

In one second...I can glace glance at the display, look away and look back again 3 times. I can take about 5 puffs of air. I can take a full body inventory of pain points. I can wonder how long a second takes 30,000 times.

Good run, although not as comfortable as last week's workout. I experienced severe strain / pain in the problem calf after the first mile. I did some stretching and made up my mind to finish the second mile at the faster pace.

I finished the workout, soggy from sweat and proud that I pushed past the pain. Was it the right thing to do? We'll find out at Thursday's run!

No comments: