Monday, March 17, 2008

Easy does it

I didn't get to my long run last weekend because I was sleeping through most of it. It wasn't due to the cold that is almost done ravaging my body. It was because I love to sleep.

And I think my body needed some rest. Good fatigue or not, my body needed some downtime, as evidenced by my sleep-athon.

Today, I hopped on the treadmill for a slow run. The calf heaviness and tightness was at a moderate level and more manageable then last week's acute pain. I kept the running (at a 14 minute / mile pace) to a 1 mile and walked a half mile before and after.

I'm surprised by how routine the Monday - Thursday workouts are now. I just have to give up my part of my favorite weekend pastime to fit in those Saturday long runs.

Hm. Maybe next weekend. I should really ease into those long runs. Wouldn't want to rush into it and aggravate the injuries... :-)

No comments: