Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1,200 steps

I hit the StairMaster today, putting in my one and only training session for a stair-climbing charity event this Saturday.

Once I found out about the event, I spammed some folks in the area seeking cohorts. Only Leland has signed up to go with me. Okay, I signed him up but he agreed to do it! Really!

We will be climbing 52 floors (1197 steps) to the top of the building, earning us a gorgeous view of the city. I think all we'll be thinking about at the top is "The elevators better not be broken."

The workout today wasn't bad. It wasn't easy but it was doable. I did have trouble staying erect. There were times when I was leaning waaaay into the display, almost at a 40-degree angle. Not sure why that happened. To keep up with the pace?

Had another salad for lunch. Yeah, salad. Not.

No comments: