Monday, June 2, 2008

Snorting

Runner's high. Right.

I had a kickass run on the treadmill today, logging a 3-miler. It's a bump up from the 2-mile weekday runs; it means that we're going to start picking up the training pace now.

I took a quarter mile to warm up and another quarter to cool down. In between, I ramped up to a 11:30 minute / mile and it felt just lovely! My back pain and calf issues didn't hamper today's 3-mile run.

I was flinging sweat every which way. Arms and legs pumping, lungs burning, time crawling. It was extremely exhilarating to let all my work frustrations out on treadmill. It was a good, hard run.

Shortly thereafter, I fell asleep on the bus ride home. I woke myself up with my own snoring / snorting.

The run didn't give me a high, just a blissful deep nap!

1 comment:

Melissa C said...

Sounds like a good run! Keep it up! I have had the runner's high, only once, about 5 years ago. Nothing since. Sigh. . .