Sunday, June 15, 2008

Will work for McNuggets

I'll come clean. Today, I had planned on making up a 3-mile run.

Instead, I scarfed down 8 chicken McNuggets and salt with fries on the side and a giant scope of Polly Ann Oreo Banana ice cream.

I feel a bit guilty, especially as my laptop perches on my tummy shelf. I'd feel more guilty if not for my superhuman (okay, super-me) workouts on Friday and Saturday.

Friday
Team building day! We went rafting on a Level 3 river. The workout didn't just come from the paddling but also from the having to swim the raft to land. The raft kept deflating and it got to the point where we couldn't paddle / bail out water fast enough. We jumped out; each of us tucking a piece of the deflating raft under an arm and "swimming" with the other arm.

Did I mention that I only know how to doggy-paddle and didn't have a tie for my glasses? I struggled to doggy-paddle, kick, hold onto the raft and keep my glasses on all at once. I was exhausted when it was over but what a great experience!

Saturday
I ran from Dennis' place to Mom & Dad's. At 8:30am, it was already a nice 70 degrees with bright, clear skies. With NPR along for company, I started off on the 4-miler ready for the relatively flat route.

Within the first 5-minutes, I knew it was going to be a decent run. My feet felt light; there were few issues with the shins. I took a few stretch breaks at stoplights to make sure I didn't tighten up.

At around 3 miles, I realized that I could finish the run before my NPR segment (54 minutes) completes. I felt really good so picked up the pace. I loved the feeling -- fast, able and working hard!

I finished the run in 54 minutes, a 13:30 minute / mile pace! On the road! WOOT!

No comments: