Sunday, May 18, 2008

Catch up

Busy, busy week...that's my reason for why I didn't quite hit all my scheduled workouts.

I only missed a 2-miler but figured that my traipsing back and forth within this mammoth convention center and from dinner in swollen feet in tight shoes makes up for it!

I focused more on the weights and abs exercises. My jelly belly rolls worry me not just from an aesthetics perspective but from a health one as well. I am working on cutting down portions, my food vice. There were a few days where my stomach was grumbling so I obviously went overboard. Other days, I didn't feel an energy difference so probably hit the right food mark then.

My good run moment: the fog was thick and rolling in fast on my Saturday run. I over-scheduled myself and was feeling stressed, pissy, etc. I made myself run in between laundry loads. I struggled during the first mile, as usual. My breathing was labored. My feet felt leaden. Did I mention I was grumpy?

After my only walking break up one hill, I broke through my bad running mojo and fell into a decent stride. I dodged my bad mood, the cars in the driveway, the old couple taking a stroll. I watched as whole blocks got lost in the fog. I breathed in the mist and thanked god that it was only 3 miles I had to complete.

It was a good run moment because I learned that I just had to keep going and "it" would be fine. I know, deep, right? But true.

No comments: