Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1,249 days to go

Didn't win a lottery spot for the 2008 NYC Marathon. If I get denied a spot 3 years in a row, I'm guaranteed a spot in the 2011 race. So...worse case scenario, I'm training for the 2011 NYC Marathon! WOOT!

I want to go back and finish the marathon. I like training for the halves but want to finish the historic NYC 26.2. Life goal. How awesome is it that within the next 3 years I have another chance of fulfilling a life goal?! Say it with me people, WOOT!

On the shorter term, I did another 3-mile treadmill run today. It was harder than Monday's run. I didn't get enough food in me prior to the workout. Really struggled with fatigue the last mile.

No shin pain today. Wondering if it's the quarter mile warm-up or total rest day before runs or both that has helped with the heavy tightness. Need to figure it out and repeat, repeat, repeat.

No comments: