Saturday, August 23, 2008

Excesses

Shannon and I did our last long run, 6 miles, before the race this morning. We didn't do the 8 miles per the schedule because I thought it was a bit much a week before the race.

I struggled with the first 3 miles. My shins were tight and my legs were still sore from yoga and the run earlier in the week.

The second 3 miles were much better. My body was warmed up and our kept our pace while chatting it up.

I will have only put in about 45% of the miles I should have by race time next week. I can't believe how much I've slacked towards the second half of the training for this race.

We had started off strong and consistent. Injuries, work and life just took over the last month. On top of that, I've stuffed myself like I was storing up for a nuclear winter. Yummy in the tummy but extra pounds means greater propensity for injuries.

I will endeavor to be much better with the food and training for the Vegas race. This won't happen for Nike since we're traveling for the next month and to Italy, to boot. Who watches their diet when in Italy?!

No comments: