Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tapering

I've been totally remiss with my blogs, reflective of my lackluster workout schedule of late.

We are in the tapering phase for the Disney and it couldn't come soon enough. Now the training schedule finally is achievable! :-)

Did a few runs last week and even managed a longer run with Shannon last Friday. During these last two weeks I plan on focusing more on cross training to keep 'fit' without jeopardizing race day. I happily put in a weight session and a Bikram workout the last two days.

I can't believe that the race is next week. I have enjoyed getting to know Shannon all over again throughout this training season. I am going to miss our runs and chats about things random and personal.

I am glad that we made time for the race and for each other. I am especially grateful to Mark for taking care of the kids while I steal Shannon away each week.

No comments: