Saturday, August 2, 2008

A bit short

Just finished a 7-miler with Shannon. It was suppose to be a 10-miler that was a 12-miler on our training plan (are you following?).

This week topped off what has been a month of lackluster workouts for me. No weekday workouts and abbreviated long runs.

We were both feeling the consequences of not working out regularly. For me, my shins were burning up within the first mile and only eased up a bit around mile 5.

At mile 6, I was crafting my concession speech to Shannon. It going to be something like...Shannon, I'm done.

At mile 7, Shannon caught her breath before I did and told me she was done too! Her plantar fasciitis was acting up.

It was definitely not one of our better runs. We both agree that we could do the 13.1 but would to be more trained for it, for it to be easier on our bodies.

Slacker time is over. Back to the training schedule!

No comments: