Sunday, May 11, 2008

Listen

I ran / walked with Shannon yesterday, against doctor's orders (I thought they were merely suggestions!) and ended up with really swollen gums, missing out on time with Grace and Zac. I'm a loser.

Lesson learned: when your very handsome periodontist says not to exercise for a week after gum surgery, he speaks from reason and experience. Something about blood flushing up to the head area? I wasn't really listening; I was focused more on his handsomeness.

The "official" training season starts for Shannon and I tomorrow for our Disney Half. I am nervous all over again. I want to do better. I want to be fitter. I want to be thinner for this race. I gave myself all this time to ramp up and it's time to show some willpower and cowboy up. I am the only one who can make these goals happen. Me. GULP.

No comments: