Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy birthday, Grace! / Go, Celtics!

Graced wanted to do a race on her birthday and so, we ran a 5k on a cold, windy and overcast Sunday to celebrate her birthday.

We ran the whole 5k and finished within 35 minutes. True, several kids (9 or 10 years old) beat us to the finish but we had more girth to work with! Under 36 minutes is a great time for me.

Shooting shin pains asserted themselves during the run; they were mild before but sharp enough today that I went to get new shoes right after the race. I learned from last year that the stabbing ankle and shin pains are warning signs of worse things to come if I didn't get new shoes a.s.a.p.

Unfortunately, I ended up walking a lot on flip-flops today. The pains have worsen and I'll have to take it easy this week.

The other highlight of the day was that the Celtics got their friggin' act together and kicked ass in Game 7. Finally. Boston Three Party indeed.

No comments: