Thursday, October 16, 2008

How did it happen?

Unbelievably, the Nike Half Marathon is in a few days. The six weeks since the Disney Half was suppose to be filled with steady workouts, gearing me up for the best Half I've ever done.

Instead, the six weeks have been filled with our first international trip in ages, four beautiful weddings we've been fortunate enough to attend, and a lot of missed workouts.

I have not completed a long run in preparation for this upcoming half. The longest run since Disney was a 6-miler on Oahu. It is also one of my favorite runs in memory; it was a hard run on a beautiful course.

I have averaged a workout a week, not the 3 or 4 I've done for Disney. All in all, not the best training for a race.

Regardless, I'm going to finish the Nike this Sunday. I'm hoping that with home court advantage and my birthday mojo, I'm going to rock the race -- okay, okay, I'm going to finish the race injury free even if it takes me 5 hours to walk it.

Wish me luck!

No comments: