Monday, July 21, 2008

Damn fog

Since the long July holiday weekend, I've skipped all work-week workouts. It was partially due to injury but mostly due to laziness.

All weekend, I found reasons to skip the long run.
* Saturday morning: Shannon's sick so I'll sleep in and rest for the afternoon, when I do the long run.
* Saturday afternoon: It's too cold, foggy, misty, late, and I'm totally drained by the latest Batman movie. I'll do the run tomorrow.
* Sunday morning: I'm need to sleep in because I'm so tired. I'll do the run this afternoon.
* Sunday afternoon: I need to cook for the week. I need to do my part with the house budget. Ah...I'll do the run tomorrow?

Lame-o, Jessi is my name-o.

Today, I could procrastinate no more. I put in the 9-miles outside in the miserably cold, windy and foggy air. I loved that I was out running again but focused most of my energy fighting the damn weather. Negativity shrouded my run today like the damn fog.

Did I mention how horrible the weather was? ;-)

No comments: